Before we get too far into the various concerns that this blog will address, we really should take a step back to explain the basic Gospel. Rather than trying to type it out manually (which would take hours, given my disability and the fact that I type with a headstick), I will post this excerpt from http://9marks.org/answer/what-gospel/
The gospel is the good news about what Jesus Christ has done to reconcile sinners to God. Here’s the whole story:
- The one and only God, who is holy, made us in his image to know him (Gen. 1:26-28).
- But we sinned and cut ourselves off from him (Gen. 3; Rom. 3:23).
- In his great love, God sent his Son Jesus to come as king and rescue his people from their enemies—most significantly their own sin (Ps. 2; Luke 1:67-79).
- Jesus established his kingdom by acting as both a mediating priest and a priestly sacrifice—he lived a perfect life and died on the cross, thus fulfilling the law himself and taking on himself the punishment for the sins of many (Mark 10:45; John 1:14; Heb. 7:26; Rom. 3:21-26, 5:12-21); then he rose again from the dead, showing that God accepted his sacrifice and that God’s wrath against us had been exhausted (Acts 2:24, Rom. 4:25).
- He now calls us to repent of our sins and trust in Christ alone for our forgiveness (Acts 17:30, John 1:12). If we repent of our sins and trust in Christ, we are born again into a new life, an eternal life with God (John 3:16).
Now that’s good news.
As my blog progresses, I anticipate examining the various aspects of the Gospel in greater detail, since it is the absolute foundation of Christianity. Everything hinges on understanding and responding correctly to the Gospel, and the growing hostility toward Biblical Christianity only increases the urgency of proclaiming its message.
If you’ve never repented and placed your faith exclusively in Jesus Christ, I plead earnestly with you to do so! Hell is a very real place, and only through the shed blood of Jesus can any of us escape its eternal horrors. Jesus died to bear God’s wrath, so that all who believe in Him will be saved from hell to live forever with Him. I beg you to turn to Him!